Hi everyone,

I have a project [1] which depends on
org.apache.xmlgraphics:batik-bridge:1.8, which in turn requires
org.apache.xmlgraphics:xmlgraphics-commons:2.1 at runtime.

Unfortunately, the POM for batik-bridge somehow does not declare the
xmlgraphics-commons dependency [2], even though it definitely needs it [3].

Of course, as a good citizen I should contact upstream and ask about this.
But in the meantime, I want to work around it. I could add a runtime
dependency on xmlgraphics-commons to my project POM, but what would be
really nice would be the ability to declare additional transitive
dependencies in the dependencyManagement section, as has been discussed
here previously [4], since I want to ensure that any project which depends
on batik-bridge via our parent POM will inherit a transitive
xmlgraphics-common dependency.

Unfortunately, based on the previous discussion, I surmise that there is
currently no mechanism for this? Is there an existing issue? If not, should
I file one? Or is what I'm looking for here fundamentally undesirable?

[1] https://github.com/fiji/IO

Curtis Rueden
LOCI software architect - http://loci.wisc.edu/software
ImageJ2 lead, Fiji maintainer - http://imagej.net/User:Rueden