On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 10:00, Haile, Mussie wrote:
> I am running into the same problem you are and I don't think Maven supports
> Password protection for its Repository; they only way I can think of do this
> would be to setup Proxy server.

Basic auth is supposed to work in the form:

http://username:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/src/java/org/apache/maven/util/HttpUtils.java?rev=1.34&view=auto

Have you tried this and found it doesn't work?

You probably also want to use https or you're sending your passwords in
the clear.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl