Hi all,

I've been looking at Versions Maven Plugin and I can say that there are a
few places that could use some refactoring.

For example, VersionDetails and AbstractArtifactVersions serve several
purposes: they seem to be both a collection of cached artifact versions,
but at the same time store the information on the current version (unless
they don't – like PropertyVersions which is a child of
AbstractArtifactVersions). On top of that, they offer plenty of different
utility methods for retrieving versions which may or not duplicate
themselves.

So, let's suppose I wanted to refactor that a little bit: is it ok to use
Aether (like e.g. org.eclipse.aether.artifact.Artifact or
org.eclipse.aether.version.VersionRange) API there? Or should I be looking
somewhere else?

Best regards,
Andrzej