It's all about a bug in the hibernate module of the xdoclet plugin.
The bug has been reported more than a year ago (patch included) but it
hasn't made its way to any release. We have patched the jar of the
hibernate module, that is a dependency of the xdoclet module, and
would like to use the module in the local filesystem instead of
downloading it from the Internet.