From: Guy Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 6:35 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Maven and CruiseControl results display

Brett Porter wrote:
> I don't know how CC does its thing here. It doesn't show in the build
> results JSP, but it all appears in the email sent out. You can tweak
> Maven's logging by giving it a custom log4j configuration, but really
> CC should be doing something itself with stdout/stderr here, as it
> does with the mail.

Are you using the <htmlemail> element instead of <email>?  I'll have to
try that then.  Weird that the JSP wouldn't show it, seems like kind of
a glaring defect.

> This works for me:
> <log>
>   <merge

dir="checkout/core_systems/core_standalone/prs-FDRA/target/test-reports"
> />
> </log>
>
> Perhaps you need to double check your logDir in cruise control's
> web.xml?

I dropped the trailing slash off my dir:

<log dir="logs/trunk">
       <merge dir="checkout/trunk/target/test-reports"/>
</log>

to see if that helps.  I'm running another build cycle right now.

Here is the override.properties I used when building cruisecontrol.war:

# This should be the full path to your CruiseControl log directory. # If
you are in multi-project mode, there will be multiple sub-dirs # inside
this log directory, one for each project.
user.log.dir=E:/Development/CruiseControl/logs

# This should be the path to your current build status file,
# expressed relative to the project's log directory.
user.build.status.file=buildstatus.txt

# This should be the absolute path to the directory where
# additional build artifacts are stored.
cruise.build.artifacts.dir=E:/Development/CruiseControl/artifacts
jdk1.4=true

The comment talks about "multi-project" mode, but I'm not sure if I've
got that enabled properly in CC.  I need it as each branch in Subversion

needs to be its own CC project apparently.

Thanks for your help.
Guy