From: Mykel Alvis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 2:04 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Need of serious help

JAVA_HOME should be set to the root of your JDK distro. In my case, it's
C:\j2sdk1.4.2_06 , but you're using a different JDK and that's OK.

MAVEN_HOME should be set to where maven was installed.  I noted some
issues at one point when I installed maven into a path that had a
space in it.  I solved this by always installing maven into
c:\maven-1.0.2

%MAVEN_HOME%\bin should be put into your PATH

After installing maven, you should check the integrity of your
repository.  If it failed to build for some reason, then you'll need
to follow the directions on the website for initializing your
repository.

Finally, you should be able to open a command prompt and execute
maven -v
and get some version information.