phillip rhodes wrote:

I am in a quandary.

My junit tests require a database to run.
My hibernate:schema-export task needs to have compiled
java class files to run
My junit tests kick off when I try to compile the java
source files....
So there isn't a database for my junit test (or rather
there is an out-of-sync one)

I would like to do the following build steps
(basically have more control over when my tests are
run)
1) compile/war application
2) do a hibernate:schema-export
3) run tests

I understand that I can set the maven.test.skip to
false, but can I set it to true/false willy nilly any
time that I want?  Am I going against the maven
currents by doing it this way?
Thanks!

Add to your maven.xml

<postGoal name="test:prepare-filesystem">
   <... jelly code to setup your database ..>
</postGoal>

This will be run after test has setup the directories but before the unit tests are run.

--
Erik Husby
Senior Software Engineer