Hi,

I really couldn't  understand how to configure the assembly plug-in.
Let me give you a project example, what i want the assembly to do and
then help me out to configure the plug-in to do it.

Suppose the following project:
src directory: src/java
dependencies: commons-io (commons-io-1.0.jar), other1 (other1.jar),
other2 (other2.jar)

Now what I want the assembly to do is to put in directory
target/assembly all my compiled sources and resources (as it appear in
the jar file) and a directory lib which inside that will be all my
dependencies jars.

How would i configure assembly to do that (if its possibly)?

[]'s

On 5/18/05, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 5/19/05, Ilyevsky, Leonid (Equity Trading) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Tried assembly. Missing some descriptor (of what?). Log below.
> > Could you give an example of what I have to put in pom.xml for assembly
> > to work?
>
> It depends on what you want to do. There are built in descriptors:
> bin, src, jar-with-depedencies that can be accessed with
> <descriptorId>bin</descriptorId> for example. Or, you can build your
> own and use <descriptor>file.xml</descriptor>, eg:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/trunk/maven-core/src/assemble/bin.xml?rev=163813&view=markup
>
> - Brett

"Nobody knows who i really am
 I never felt this empty before
 And if I never need someone to come along
 Who's gonna comfort me and keep me strong?"
--
Marcell Manfrin Barbacena
[EMAIL PROTECTED]