Well, I use the multiproject plugin, but this builds *all* modules. I
can ofcourse tweak this to include or exclude as many as I want but
this is not convenient for what I want.

I want to build a project with all it's dependent (and only it's
dependent modules, not others) snapshot dependencies. I want this to
be sure I have the latest of everything when I build my project. Note
that all my modules are at the same level:

+ modules

+ -- module1
+ -- module2
+ -- module3

Suppose module3 only depends on module1. Using multiproject would
build all 3. I want to have a system that when I am in the module3
directory, I tell maven to build with a special command and it would
first do a jar:install of module1 and of module3.

regards,

Wim