Simon McClenahan wrote:

I'm running Maven under Windows, and I was unable to specify the drive
letter. Conveniently I do everything on my C: drive, and I have ended up
using the following:

maven.repo.remote=file:///localhost/projects/online/trunk/,http://www.ib
iblio.org/maven/

I know it doesn't seem right, but I figured this out by trial and error.
I'm using Maven 1.0.2.

- Simon

If you're using Maven 1.0.2, you could just place the jars in your local repository and not go through the trouble of mirroring a remote repository on your machine. Maven checks the local repository first for dependencies before attempting to download from the remote repository. Usually, the local repository is found in ${maven.home.local}/repository where maven.home.local is ${user.home}/.maven. So if you're using Windows, and your user name is for example, User1, your local repository would be found in "C:\Documents and Settings\User1\.maven".

Hope this clears up a few things. Regards,

Henry