David,

I understand that you're deploying your snapshot versions for your
projects in your internal repository, but I don't fully understand
your environment (or maybe Maven's way of working)... let me explain:

I understand that you can publish snapshot versions of artifacts under
development that are used across projects using a checked out source
tree of those artifacts. The problem comes when you have several
developers working on a project and using artifacts that are private
to that project, and where several developers may be changing the same
artifact (think of two different developers working on two different
EJBs in the same artifact, or two different parts of a web interface).
In this case you cannot publish that artifact until changes are
comitted, and every developer must use her own snapshot copy of the
artifact with her local changes that must be taken from her local
repository. It's in this case that I don't want those artifacts to be
taken from any other repository. How do you handle this, or how do you
configure Maven to tell that those artifacts should only be taken from
the developer local repository?

Best regards
Jose