I am using SNAPSHOT builds and the Maven dependencies Ant task to synchronise
the local and remote repositories.

The install/deploy of the snapsot builds works fine, however when I run the
Maven dependencies Ant task on the same POMs I get an error "Unable to resolve
artifact".

The Ant dependencies task is attempting to download:
        groupId/artifactId/1.0-SNAPSHOT/artifactId-1.0-20051005.115507-2.jar

However the remote repository only contains the artifact
        artifactId-1.0-20051005.115507-1.jar
Also the maven-metadata.xml contains <buildNumber>2</buildNumber>

Is the Ant dependencies task using the wrong build number?
Any ideas?

Many Thanks
Dave