On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 11:07 -0400, Erick Dovale wrote:
> Hi Brett,
> I finally got the assembly 2.0-beta-2-SNAPSHOT to work this morning
> after downloading the m2-beta-3. It seems to be working fine except for
> the fact that it is not including the jars for the modules nor their
> dependencies. Maybe I am missing something here:
> At first it was complaining about not being able to find the bin.xml
> file in the modules. I put a bin.xml just into each one of them
> containing the dependecySets with the output directory set exactly as it
> is in the bin.xml that I am pasting below and it started to work but, as
> I said, without anything from the modules.

You need to provide the path to the assembly descriptor:

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <version>2.0-beta-1</version>
        <configuration>
          <descriptor>src/main/assembly/dep.xml</descriptor>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>

And you only need to put it in that single location, you don't need to
put in each project just the project that is responsible for creating an
assembly.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks