From: Jason van Zyl [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:29 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: [m2] Surefire doesn't discover new tests

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 11:53 -0400, Daniel Krisher wrote:
> I believe that the surefire plugin only includes classes with names
> ending in "Test" by default.  If this is your problem, you can modify
> this behavior with a <configuration> section for the surefire
> plugin...

The defaults are as follows now:

includes = new ArrayList( Arrays.asList( new String[] { "**/Test*.java",
"**/*Test.java", "**/*TestCase.java" } ) );

> Dan
>
> On 10/5/05, Michael Deck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've just installed Maven 2.0 beta-3 and I'm walking through some
simple exercises to get a feel for the app.  I've used the archetype
plugin to create a simple java project and it seems to build fine.
However, if I add another test class to the src/test/java directory m2
doesn't seem to detect the new test.  When I run m2 test this is the out
put I get:

> > [INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
> > Compiling 2 source files to
C:\sandbox\eclipse\Roberto\Maven2\my-app\target\test
> > -classes
> > [INFO] [surefire:test]
> > [INFO] Setting reports dir:
C:\sandbox\eclipse\Roberto\Maven2\my-app\target/sure
> > fire-reports
> >  T E S T S
> > [surefire] Running com.mycompany.app.AppTest
> > [surefire] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0 sec
> >

> > What's interesting is that 2 classes are compiled, but only 1 of the
tests is run.  Has anyone else experienced this behavior?  Am I doning
something wrong, or is this the expected behavior?

> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Mike

> --
> Daniel Krisher