On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 08:29 +0200, Wim Deblauwe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to build with Maven 1 and Maven 2? As I understand it, Maven
> 2 uses pom.xml in stead of project.xml. So if I have a project.xml I can
> build with Maven 1 and if I add a pom.xml I can build the same project with
> Maven 2. Correct? Or are there any extra's I need to consider?

Yes, m1 and m2 can sit side by side but you probably don't want to do
this more long. It was meant for migration but if you have both systems
there one of them will naturally get out of date. We've been thinking
about creating an m2 -> m1 converter which might help with this as m2
POMs are a superset of m1 POMs.

If you are building a simple JAR you will probably be ok, but if you're
going to get into using plug-ins then it could get a little hard to
manage. What's your use case?

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

  -- Shakespeare