On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 05:41 +0200, jerome lacoste wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to upload an artifact to ibiblio and I need some guidance
> in the following aspects:
>
> 0- pom groupid
> 1- pom dependencies
> 2- pom version
> 3- submission to ibiblio
>
> The code is taken from Mustang. It's a special part of Mustang
> released under the BSD license. See [1] for details.
>
> jdk6.0-b56/deploy/src/javaws/share/sample/webpad/src/servlet/TxtServlet.java
>
> 0. I picked com.sun.java.jnlp for groupId. Does that sound correct?

Not sure, the groupId is probably fine but what's the package? You can't
load anything in the "java" package that is external.

> 1. To build this package, one needs to both the javaws.jar and the
> servlet.jar. Both these dependencies should be provided on the
> deployment platform (web). As the first dependency is not in ibiblio
> neither, is it OK if I specify a non existant dependency given that it
> will be marked as "provided".
>
> 2. I am trying to reflect the fact that although the version of this
> package in ibiblio should have a 1.0 value, it is tied to a particular
> jdk version. In my case: sdk6.0-b56.
>   Is it OK to chose a version like "1.0-6.0-b56". Would 1.0-sdk6.0-b56
> be better?
>   If not what is the advised convention to use to map the vendor

Is this stuff just an independent library you want to use outside
Mustang?

> 3- upload on ibiblio. http://maven.apache.org/repository-upload.html
> doesn't exist anymore. What are the instryctions?

http://maven.apache.org/maven2/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html

I just wrote plugin to create the bundle and I'll release it now.

It's in SVN though:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/trunk/maven-
plugins/maven-repository-plugin/

>    I guess the people who are to upload this jar will have to compile
> the jar by themselves, right?

You just need to make an intact bundle and we can take care of the rest.

> My current pom (for early review):
>
> <project>
>   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
>   <groupId>com.sun.java.jnlp</groupId>
>   <artifactId>jnlp-servlet</artifactId>
>   <name>JNLP Servlet</name>
>   <version>1.0-6.0-b56</version>
>   <description>JNLP Sample servlet that supports pack200
> protocol.</description>
>   <distributionManagement>
>     <status>deployed</status>
>   </distributionManagement>
>
>   <dependencies>
>     <dependency>
>       <groupId>java</groupId>
>       <artifactId>javaws</artifactId>
>       <version>[1.5,)</version> <!-- FIXME check? -->
>       <scope>provided</scope>
>     </dependency>
>     <dependency>
>       <groupId>servletapi</groupId>
>       <artifactId>servletapi</artifactId>
>       <version>[2.3,)</version> <!-- FIXME check? -->
>       <scope>provided</scope>
>     </dependency>
>   </dependencies>
>
> </project>
>

> [1] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MOJO/Webstart+Plugin

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

  -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks