Maven 2 has transitive dependencies.  That means that one of your
dependencies has jdbc-stdext defined as a dependency (or potentially
more levels of indirect dependency).

Also, a change from Maven 1 to Maven 2 that may be affecting you is
that the groupId "javax.sql" now corresponds to a folder structure in
the repostiory of repository/javax/sql.  So your jar in the repository
would be in repository/javax/sql/jdbc-stdext/2.0/jdbc-stdext-2.0.jar

Or you can use these instructions:
http://maven.apache.org/maven2/general.html#importing-jars

-Stephen

On 10/21/05, Mikael Wikström <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> releace of maven 2.0 reached me yesterday as music to my ears. So I
> started to write pom.xml to all my maven projects when I ran in to
> something that I did'nt understand. My old project.xml has a lot of
> dependencys.. spring, pluto, activation, wsrp4j, common-dbcp, xalan and
> more. It compiled fine. To be able to migrate to m2 I had to copy some
> of the files from my ~/.maven/repository to ~/.m2/repository and then I
> tryed to compile using m2.
>
> [...]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> GroupId: javax.sql
> ArtifactId: jdbc-stdext
> Version: 2.0

>   javax.sql:jdbc-stdext:2.0:jar
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
> [...]
>
> jdbc-stdext-2.0 is'nt defined as a dependency in my pom. I tryed to add
> it and copy the jar from my ~/.maven/repo to ~/.m2/ but with no luck!
>
> Who do I make it compile with m2?

Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com