Do you guys think you could document your progress somewhere, maybe on the maven wiki (http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Home )? Since the current documentation on the issue (http://maven.apache.org/ guides/mini/guide-ide-eclipse.html ) is clearly lacking, I figure this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ralph.

On 25.10.2005, at 23:00, Franck de Bruijn wrote:
Hi,

I digged a little bit deeper and I noticed the following:

* EclipseClassPathWriter and EclipseWtpmodulesWriter are both invoked from
EclipsePlugin
* EclipseClassPathWriter gets invoked with a reference to 'project', while EcpliseWtpmodulesWriter gets invoked with a reference to 'executedProject'. * Some debug statements revealed that the latter does not have any artifacts
defined, and thus no dependency modules are written.

I changed 'executedProject' to 'project' and the plugin worked for me.

I am not sure if this is THE solution, since I actually have no clue about the difference between so-called reactor projects and 'normal' projects.

Cheers,
Franck

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Bonner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: dinsdag 25 oktober 2005 18:41
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: m2 eclipse plugin wtpmodules dependencies to artifacts

I should have added:

of EclipseWtpmodulesWriter.

On 10/25/05, Brian Bonner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Looking for the same thing :)  II looked at the maven-eclipse-plugin
source and it looks like it should pull these artifacts (check out the
addDependency() method).

Anyone have a suggestion on this?
On 10/24/05, Franck de Bruijn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying out maven 2 and the eclipse plugin in combination with

Eclipse

WTP.

Everything works fine, although I do not manage to generate the

'dependent

modules' section in the .wtpmodules file, like below:

            <dependent-module deploy-path="/WEB-INF/lib"

handle="module:/classpath/var/M2_REPO/struts/struts/1.2.4/ struts-1.2.4.jar">

                  <dependency-type>uses</dependency-type>

            </dependent-module>

The 'wb-resource' sections are generated successfully like below:

<wb-resource deploy-path="/WEB-INF/classes"

                  source-path="src/main/java" />

The struts jar-file is appended to the .classpath file, so I presume

that I
have configured my dependencies correctly.

I checked the source code of the eclipse plugin, but I can't figure out

what

I'm doing wrong.

Can anyone offer some help?

Thanks,