Hello,

If I understand plugins and dependencies correctly, JUnit is a plugin.  Yet,
the POM examples I see have it as a dependency.  It seems useful to have it
as a dependency, as then one can use <scope>test</scope>.

I don't know how one could specify a dependency as a plugin, but vice-versa
is true (and common?).

So then what is the difference in specifying a plugin as a dependency vs as
a plugin?
I'm trying to determine what to setup in plugins vs pluginManagement vs
dependencyManagement vs dependencies.

Is there any written guidance on this?  I searched Nabble for plugin vs
dependency, but was not successful; also didn't find clarification on the
docs page.