Brett,

Based on your comment of MNG-624 on 11/6/05 7:56 pm, I'm either not using
<relativePath> correctly, or can't/not supposed to at all.

So is there a way to do what I tried below, or must the parent POM be in the
repo?  Does MNG-740 have any merit?

Are there doc/clarification notes on <relativePath> and I just missed it?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Jensen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 8:08 AM
To: 'Maven Users List'
Subject: RE: [m2] <parent>'s <relativePath>

Thanks Dan,

My problem seems similar/same as your MNG-740.  I too have the parent pom
not in a dir directly above the other components, but in a dir at the same
level as the other components.

In MNG-740, "A" doesn't build for me without the listed step 1: install root
POM.  The <relativePath> setting seems to have no effect.  I do not receive
an error message that the parent was not found either.

I'll add my use case to the comments.  Thanks again Dan.