You should not rely on the number of people that asks for priority.
The persons that asks are the one who already have a motivation of
using maven, the wast majority i would suspect checks if maven have a
plugin for it, if not they would use something else.

I for sure would not use maven if i was not on a java 1.5 project due
to the fact of the missing aspectJ plugin. But luckily using aspectJ 5
and java 1.5 i don't need a special compiler.

With all that said. Maven2 really has made my building way more easy,
and if you could use java 1.5 and aspectJ 5 that is a working
combination

/Kaare Nilsen