Lukas Theussl wrote:
This is a known issue: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPXDOC-179

For stand-alone projects, you can make it work by specifying an absolute path for the external entity, but this will not work in a multiproject set-up. Otherwise, I'm afraid I can't offer anything else right now.

Thanks. Unfortunately absolute path will not work for this. It is odd, though, that I am using the same version (1.9.2) of the xdoc plugin in both cases and it only fails under 1.1-beta-2. Must be the parser or something to do with the context that the plugin gets the resource.

I am interested in others' approaches to handling common menus shared by multiple projects. I don't like the entity reference approach that we use in commons now and am thinking about writing a plugin to do things in a cleaner way. I would be interested in ideas on how best to approach this.

Phil

-Lukas

Phil Steitz wrote:

After installing 1.1-beta-2, the following external reference (included in navigation.xml files) that we use to include common menus on the Jakarta Commons sites is no longer working:

<!DOCTYPE org.apache.commons.menus SYSTEM '../../commons-build/menus/menus.dtd'>

The xdoc plugin generates the following error:

Relative URI '../../commons-build/menus/menus.dtd' cannot be resolved without a base URI.

Any ideas how to work around this? Any better ideas on how to include common menus and portions thereof on multiple sites? The commons sites indivdual navigation.xml files refer to entities defined in the dtd referenced above, so common elements can be maintained in one place.

Thanks in advance.

Phil