I've nver used it myself. It's one of 3 searchable archives:

http://maven.apache.org/mail-lists.html

The 3rd is marc.theaimsgroup.com <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com>, but they
don't update the list definitions so only maven users nad maven dev are
listed (as turbine-maven-*).
www.mail-archive.com<http://www.mail-archive.com>is always up to date
and has a basic search. google with site:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/ works too.

- Brett