I'm using the RAR plugin and I found out that it does not create a JAR file to include in the package. So, I invoked the JAR plugin and everything worked fine. Now, I tried using the install plugin to install the rar file into my local repository and what happened was the plugin installed the JAR file into my local repository renaming it as a RAR file! The generated RAR file was untouched.

Here is what my POM looks like:

<project>
 <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

 <artifactId>my-ra</artifactId>
 <packaging>rar</packaging>
 <name>My Resource Adapter</name>

 <build>
 <plugins>
     <plugin>
       <version>2.0</version>
   <executions>
       <execution>
           <id>create-jar</id>
           <phase>compile</phase>
           <goals>
               <goal>jar</goal>
           </goals>
       </execution>
   </executions>
     </plugin>
   </plugins>
   </build>

   <dependencies>
</project>

I called M2 by the command 'mvn install'. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Henry