I have got checkstyle working fine (sadly still without the option to specify a custom config - see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1113).

the groupId is org.apache.maven.plugins
artifactId is maven-checkstyle-plugin

we (small internal team here where I work) are writing a FindBugs plugin now for maven2.  I expect we'll be releasing it to the findbugs or maven people as soon as we are happy with it.  similary for Cobertura and maybe even PMD, which is rather broken wrt maven 2.   (see http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1158)

There is an irony here in that the plugins with the most problems are all to do with software quality monitoring.  The javadoc plugin is broken and has been for over a month, pmd plugin is utterly useless, checkstyle is only almost working, findbugs was not even attempted, same with qalab. Even support for the java1.4 assert statement is there as an afterthought. (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1087)

Kind regards,
Dave Sag