I have gotten some great help from a Maven developer and now have a question for the list. Our project is composed of several source directories, to separate application code from infrastructure code. We have a hierarchy of pom.xmls. We figured out how to make mvn assembly:assembly generate the jar file (had to correct a property name vs. the documentation, and place the <plugin> element within a <build> in the top pom.xml). I can also make Maven find my custom XML descriptor file for the assembly plugin. But I'm still not picking up any class files. The problem seems to be related to
our hierarchical organization, something like:
iris
 |------> iris_env
 |------> iris_platform
 |------> iris_app
                |------> iris-app-demo1 ...
Under each of iris_env, iris_platform and iris_app is a pom.xml and possible
source files to compile and store under
target/classes possibly further down (e.g., in iris-app-demo1).

How do I get the assy. rule to look for the class files, and also to unjar the
dependency jar files to build the
uber-jar?  Do I need to enumerate each directory in a <fileSet> and each jar I need
in a <dependencySet>?

Thx,
TW