I have the following structure where JAR2 depends on JAR1.

Parent
|- pom.xml

|- JAR1
|   |- pom.xml

|- JAR2
|   |- pom.xml

The JAR1 and JAR2 projects are developed concurrently, and pom.xml of JAR2
lists JAR1 as a dependency.

The parent pom.xml lists JAR1 and JAR2 as modules.

All of this builds fine the first time when I execute 'm2 install' on the
Parent pom.xml file. But if I make a change to a class in JAR1 which would
cause a compile error in JAR2, this compile error is not being caught when I
run 'm2 install' at the parent pom.xml. The only way I can get this to work is
to run 'm2 clean install', and then I am able to see the failure in JAR2. But I
don't want to run 'clean' every time I do a build.

Has anyone else come across this issue? Any workarounds?

Thank you,
Michael Fiedler