Doug Douglass wrote:

That brings me up to another question: I understand that your suggestion is easier for maintaining the POM. OTOH, I do believe that it is more complex for the programmer, because he has to know which folder to choose.

Quite similar, I always wonder whether I do need to have separate src/main/java and src/main/resources folders? Quite typically, the resource files are being used from Java classes in the same package. Within a single source folder, I am always forced to search them in a completely different directory structure, although my natural feeling asks for putting them into the same directory.

Jochen