Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to use the assembly plugin for creating distributions. After
reading the documentation and doing some first attempts, I do have the
following questions:

- There are predefined ID's like "bin" and "src". These are (to me) very welcome
 for reading as examples. However, they do not really meet my requirements.
 I'd like to override them. Is that possible?

You can override them by creating an assembly descriptor and placing bin or src in the <id> tag.

- In my project I will typically always use "bin" and "src". It would
be nice, if I
 could configure both into the POM, so that an invocation of "mvn
assembly:assembly"
 will create these two files. However, it only seems possible to
create a single
 file.

Haven't tried this yet, but you can use executions to assemble a bin then an src.

Regards,
Henry