Sorry.  That was confusing.  I had sent the message with the subject
'multi module issues'.

It should've been
"Re: Multi-module wars"

Kevin Galligan wrote:
Just wanted to comment quick on the message from Vincent (I just saw this message for the first time...). I abandoned the xml merging for right now. I was having trouble with the cargo xml merging code. I added some stuff myself, but after the war plugin added the war file composition, I just figured for now we would replicate the web.xml data manually rather than merge them.

However, I would really like to get the web.xml merging to work. Is there anybody actively working on the web xml merger? I'm also pretty clueless. What's cargo? What is that code being used for currently? I'd possibly like to work on that, or get somebody in my group to work on that, but I'm not sure what the protocol is.

Thanks,
-Kevin

[snip]

 > However, I would like to see the maven-war-plugin support the web.xml
 > merge functionality that Kevin Galligan's hack includes. Maybe you can
 > raise this as a JIRA issue Kevin?

Just a note here for anyone interested in implementing this: there's code in Cargo to merge web.xml files and this library is being improved with support
for also merging container-specific deployment descriptors. There are also
generic classes for merging any xml files.

It's in there: http://tinyurl.com/dtwet

Check the org.codehaus.cargo.module.webapp.WebXmlMerger class along with the
files in org.codehaus.cargo.module.merge.

Hope it helps,
-Vincent