Hello,

we have exactly the same problem. There is already a Jira filed for this
issue:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1408.

A patch is attached to the jira, but I never tried it. Our current
workaround for legacy builds is to use
 maven-artifact-ant-2.0-beta-3-dep.jar and to call the dependencies-task
twice.

<artifact:dependencies verbose="false">
    <pom refid="launcher.project"/>
</artifact:dependencies>

<artifact:dependencies filesetId="as-launcher.filesetId"
pathId="as-launcher.classpath" verbose="true">
    <pom refid="launcher.project"/>
</artifact:dependencies>

But using such an old maven-artifact-ant might introduce other problems as
well - works for us though...

Regards
Ingo