The best practice is to define scm url in parent pom if modules are in a sub-directory. maven will calculate the correct url for submodules.

File an issue for 2.

Emmanuel

Arik Kfir a écrit :
Hi,

I have a project with several modules in it. The entire project is
stored in one SVN repository, in the following layout:

myproject

   +-- module A

   +-- module B

   +-- .....

The root pom has a <scm> url like "http://svn.myserver/.../trunk/";,
and each sub module also has its own <scm> tag with a url such as
"http://svn.myserver/.../trunk/moduleA";, etc.

1. Is this the best practice, or can the release plugin "guess" the
correct scm url for sub modules based on the parent module?
2. If this is the correct way, then there's a bug in the release
plugin: after "release:prepare", the URL encoded back into the
modules' POMs is the same URL as the root POM, rather than the
original module's SCM url.

Should I fire a JIRA, or remove my modules' <scm> urls?

Kind regards,