So if I see right, the only way to process multiple Files is the multi project
thing.
But than the submodules must have a reference to the parent. that is really
only nice, if the submodules not referenced from other modules.

In the case that is right:
I miss a possibility to define processGroups.

Example:
module A depends on module D
module B depends on module D
module D depends on module C

So if i develop module A and A,B,C are SNAPSHOT'S I want to call compile,
package, install... on a process Group:

<processGroup>
  <dependency>
      <groupId>myGroup</groupId>
      <artifactId>moduleA</artifactId>
      <version>1.o-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>
  <dependency>
      <groupId>myGroup</groupId>
      <artifactId>moduleB</artifactId>
      <version>1.o-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>
  <dependency>
      <groupId>myGroup</groupId>
      <artifactId>moduleD</artifactId>
      <version>1.o-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>
</processGroup>

This is a small Example, the dependencies could be much more complex ;-)
So a thing like a processGroup may be a very great way to save me time.
Ok. i can write an shell or ant script doing that, but it would be nice if
maven can do something like that.
Do you understand me?

Fredy