Hello,

Well, I'm quite new to maven and specially maven2. I would like to use xdoclet2
with maven2. After reading a few docs, I still cannot make it work.

I followed what is written on http://xdoclet.codehaus.org/Maven2+Plugin :
downloadding the jar and then mvn install blahblah ... It seems ok.

When I try to make a mvn package or what ever, I get the following message :
W:\root\testProxyMaven\common-util>mvn package
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Maven Quick Start Archetype
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'xdoclet:maven2-xdoclet2-plugin' does not exist or no valid
version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Jan 31 18:39:11 CET 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 2M/4M
[INFO]

And I can't find out what I should do here.

You can finbd my pom hereunder. I'm still testing and trying to see how the
whole thing work. Can someoen help me. I'm sure maven is a good tool, but I
can't make it work with xdoclet2

Regards,

Dominique.

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0";
http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd";>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>test</groupId>
  <artifactId>common-util</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>Maven Quick Start Archetype</name>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

<build>
  <plugins>
    <plugin>
      <groupId>xdoclet</groupId>
      <artifactId>maven2-xdoclet2-plugin</artifactId>
      <configuration>
        <configs>
          <config>
            <!-- here's where you specify which xdoclet-plugin to run, by its
class name -->
            <plugin>org.xdoclet.plugin.web.TaglibPlugin</plugin>
            <!-- here's some config for your plugin-->
            <params>
              <jspversion>2.0</jspversion>
              <destdir>${basedir}/target/xdoclet/META-INF</destdir>
            </params>
          </config>
          <!-- run multiple plugins by repeating this <config> element -->
        </configs>
      </configuration>
      <dependencies>
        <!-- here's where you specify which xdoclet-plugin you need, by its
groupId/artifactId,
             and any additional dependency it might have - although you'll most
likely already
             have these in your project, so no need to repeat them here -->
        <dependency>
          <groupId>xdoclet-plugins</groupId>
          <artifactId>xdoclet-plugin-web</artifactId>
          <version>1.0.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
          <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
          <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
          <version>2.4</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
          <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
          <artifactId>jsp-api</artifactId>
          <version>2.0</version>
        </dependency>
      </dependencies>
      <executions>
        <execution>
          <goals>
            <goal>xdoclet</goal>
          </goals>
        </execution>
      </executions>
    </plugin>
  </plugins>
</build>
</project>

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ce message (et toutes les pièces jointes) sont confidentiels ; son contenu ne
représente en aucun cas un engagement de la part de DEXIA SOFAXIS. Toute
publication, utilisation ou diffusion, même partielle, doit être autorisée
préalablement par l'émetteur.

Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce message, merci d'en avertir immédiatement
l'expéditeur.

Conformément aux dispositions de la loi n° 78-17 du 6 janvier 1978 relative à
l'informatique, aux fichiers et aux libertés, vous pouvez obtenir communication
et, le cas échéant, rectification ou suppression des informations vous
concernant en vous adressant à DEXIA SOFAXIS - Route de Creton - 18110 VASSELAY