Hi Maveners, My case is the following: with Maven 2, I want to have an intermediate repository for my dev team, so that the developers don't download Jars from Ibiblio but only from this very repository. This is a common use case lots of people know. The difference in my case is that I want to have it on my computer, and I want my local repository to be this intermediate repository. So to sum up: my local repository would be the remote repository of my teams. Why ? Because of 2 main reasons that seem important to me: - I want to control which components they use (so I don't want a Maven proxy that would allow them to download any Jars they would want) - I don't want to have twice the same Jars (once in the intermediate repository and once in my local repository), because it would take twice the required space on my hard drive Theses are the reasons why I want to make my local repository accessible via HTTP as a remote repository.
However, I made some tests and it seems that there are problems due to the metadata files: when one of my dev's Maven connects to my local repository to download a Jar, it can't find the maven metadata file and so my local repository is blacklisted. It seems that local metadata is different from remote metadata, which is a pain in my case... So my questions are: is this the normal behaviour? did I miss something? is there a workaround for that? --> Maven developers: shouldn't it be possible to copy-paste a repository and using it either ways as a remote or a local repository? Thank you so much in advance for your answers, and please CC me when answering, I'm not on the list for the moment. Best regards, Stephen Fabemn.
