Someone before suggested making a sort of internal release. Along those
lines, I do the following:

1. Add my own distributionManagement info to the pom.xml, overriding the
default info from Apache. This way I can deploy it easily to our
internal repository with 'mvn deploy'.

2. Change the version from x.x-SNAPSHOT to x.x-<subversion#> (also from
the earlier suggestion). Now you don't have to worry about snapshot
versions and repositories, just refer to it with the explicit version
number like you would any other plugin. If you can get your other
dependencies from your internal repository okay, you should have no
problem getting to this one.

Chris Hilton