Did you add the common jar to the manifest of the war?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:44 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: common jars between modules in EAR

Hello all,

I would like to build an ear with some war modules, and, of course, its
dependencies.

For starting, the ear (simple_ear) has:
* an unique war (called simple_war) and
* a jar (that represents the common part in the future, called common_jar.
So the structure is the following:
        - pom.xml
        - simple_ear
          |- pom.xml
        - simple_war
          |- pom.xml
I declared in ear's pom:
* the webModule simple_war and
* the javaModule common_jar
They are also declared as dependencies.
In war's pom, the jar has being declared as provided dependency.

I tested it on WAS 51. This does not worked.
The common_jar seemed to not be included in the classpath, even if I removed
the definition of defaultJavaBundleDir.

To be sure that it is not the problem of declaration of the ear and the war,
I create a separate project where common parts are in every war-s and the
ear has only webmodule-s. In this case, it works.

Does anyone have any idea ? thanks a lot.

Andre

This message is intended for the addressee or its representative only.
Any form of unauthorized use, publication, reproduction, copying or
disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are not
the intended recipient of this e-mail message and its contents, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this message and all its
attachments subsequently.