Hmmm...

I don't get this. I know maven looks for poms in the repositories, but if cannot find one, it assumes a default pom and won't fail. So I don't think you need a new repository handler for that.

What seems to be the problem?

Russell, Mark wrote:
Here is my scenario...

I'm in the process of creating a new project (with some specialized
plugins).  This new project needs to fetch some jars create in-house
from our existing repository which is similar in structure to maven 1.x
repositories (the structure is from the maven 1 alpha days).  The jars
it needs to fetch need to become part of the compile dependencies.
Unfortunately our repository structure IS NOT a maven 1.x structure as
1.x is today.  This means that there is no poms directory.

So my problem is that maven 2.x looks for a .pom file in our existing
repository that simply does not exist, and probably won't unless I
handcraft them.  So my question... Is it possible to define a repository
handler and bind it to a new type (ie instead of legacy, maybe an
inhouse-legacy type) to get around this?

Eventually I intend to convert everything to m2, but that isn't feasible
at this point in time.  Thus if I can't find a way around this, I'm
probably going to need to write a bunch of ant tasks to handle what I
need, which I'd rather not due since I much prefer the m2 plug-in
methodology.

Thanks,

Mark Russell