sound like a bug, please file a JIRA

On 6/28/06, mawi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all,

I encountered a weird problem with the eclipse-plugin in conjunction with
the dependency-plugin.
In my project, an attached artifact from another project, wich contains a
MagicDraw model should be unpacked in the initialize phase. The
configuration for the dependency-plugin looks like this:
<build>
   <plugins>
     <plugin>
       <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
         <artifactId>dependency-maven-plugin</artifactId>
         <version>1.0</version>
         <inherited>false</inherited>
         <executions>
           <execution>
             <phase>initialize</phase>
             <goals>
               <goal>unpack</goal>
             </goals>
             <configuration>
               <artifactItems>
                 <artifactItem>
                   <groupId>aGroupId</groupId>
                   <artifactId>anArtifactId</artifactId>
                   <version>aVersion</version>
                   <type>zip</type>
                   <classifier>md</classifier>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}\dependencies</outputDirectory>
                 </artifactItem>
               </artifactItems>
             </configuration>
           </execution>
         </executions>
       </plugin>
     </plugins>
   </build>

This works fine so long.
When I now try to generate eclipse project files for this project by
calling
"mvn eclipse:eclipse" I get the following error message:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] One or more required plugin parameters are invalid/missing for
'dependency:unpack'

[0] inside the definition for plugin: 'dependency-maven-plugin'specify the
following:

<configuration>
<artifactItems>VALUE</artifactItems>
</configuration>.

If I change the execution phase in the dependency-plugin configurtion from
"initialize" to "process-resources" and call the eclipse-plugin again, it
works fine.

Any phase prior to "process-resources" causes the eclipse-plugin to fail.

Does somebody has an idea, what's going wrong?

Thanx,

Markus