Srinivas Pavani a écrit :
Here is my scenario:

I am using Ubuntu 6.06 LTS server. Since the root access is always using
sudo command and the root user password has not been set explicitly, I am
prompted for root's password when I execute the following command manually:

sudo scp localhost:/home/buildmaster/working-directory/18/site/faq.html
/var/www/docs/project/.

I am prompted for my password for sudo access followed by root's password.

Continuum is running as root on startup (following instructions for Debian
startup on the Continuum site). Now I am not sure what to do.

It seems like I should enable the root password. Enter the password details
in settings.xml for root. Is this correct or is there any other way to do
this?

For the root password, it isn't a good idea to put it in a text file, it would be better to use private/public ssh keys or an account than can access only to the remote directory.

Emmanuel

Baron - the ssh key was accepted using localhost as well as the LAN ip
address.