filtering is the same as processing variables into their values.

What I'd do is create a folder where the unfiltered xdocs are placed, and then configure the resources plugin so that it will copy/filter those files to the folder that the assembly expects it to be.

Sebastien Pennec wrote:
Thanks for you answer, Edwin,

I don't really understand what's the common point between filtering files and inserting variables in xdoc files... To make a download page, I can surely make a filter, or just do so that the assembly plug-in copies the zip/tar files directly in the folder that the site will use as a download folder.

But if I want my download.xml xdoc file to make a link that automatically stays up to date by adding the right version number to the href, how do I do it?

Edwin Punzalan a écrit :

You can probably use a filtering plugin like the resource plugin to filter your files before running the site goal.

Sebastien Pennec wrote:
Hi,

I've been battling with xdoc and apt files for some hours now, and looking around on the web, too: I haven't found any example of xdoc/apt file with variable insertions in them.

I don't imagine this could _not_ be possible with Maven 2... actually, I don't need anything complicated, just some kind of ${project.version} variable that I could insert in a download link, for example.

Even in the Maven svn repository, people use xdoc or apt files without any variables.

Is it just impossible, or have I not searched enough?

Thanks :)

Sebastien