From: hamdard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 17 August 2006 11:12
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: [M2] How to softcode 'version' in dependency declaration

Hi

Is it possible to softcode the version in the dependency declaration?

For example, the pom could be like this:

<dependency>
        <groupId>com.mycompany.ixaf</groupId>
        <artifactId>gw-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>${myversion}</version>
</dependency>

And the myversion parameter is controllable from the settings.xml file.

The motivation is that if we have a multi-module build in maven with all the
different modules using the same 'one' version, we could control/update the
version of the entire project from one place (settings.xml), instead of
updating it in several places.

Thanks