I'm not a dev on it so can't speak officially, but I'm a watcher on
several bugs for it and know it is still being actively developed. I
think there's a bit of a hold-up due to some changes in the way artifact
resolution is being done to better integrate with Eclipse, which is hard
enough on its own but is also relying on some changes in the Maven core
(embedder? resolver? don't confuse me with someone who knows what he's
talking about). Regardless, it is still an active project, but it's been
awhile since the last release. Hopefully the next release will be soon.

Chris