The option I can see that seems to relate to my issue is the
"generateApplicationXml" ,
which one can set to true, to turn off generation of the
application.xml.Butthen how do
I tell the plugin where the pre-existing application.xml file is
located?I'm
looking for something
similar to Maven1's maven.ear.appxml=<path-to-existing-application
-xml-file>

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/ear-mojo.html

The first parameter in there seems to answer this question...

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/generate-application-xml-mojo.html

The option I can see that seems to relate to my issue is the
"generateApplicationXml" ,
which one can set to true, to turn off generation of the
application.xml.Butthen how do
I tell the plugin where the pre-existing application.xml file is
located?I'm
looking for something
similar to Maven1's maven.ear.appxml=
<path-to-existing-application-xml-file>

> If I have understood, I suppose you ll find the solution in the howto
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/howto.html

You're right, this can be done by customizing the name of the file being
added to the ear file.

Kind regards
--

Jeff  Mutonho