fop 0.20.5 pom was provided by Joerg Schaible
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-386
That was at the point we allowed changing poms in the repo, now it is
not possible to change that pom.

Please create new threads for any other related questions, this one is
becoming unmanageable.

I'm now starting a new thread about the repository policy.

On 9/20/06, Jörg Schaible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Markus KARG wrote on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 11:05 AM:

>> As Jochen pointed out, it can be fixed with a new version.
> From a QA's PoV you cannot change a reelased version ever.
> See, we have relesed own artfiacts using FOP as dep. If POM
> or the artifact itsefl would change now, or build is no
> longer consistent. Even worse, the build could then be
> different on different machines - depending on their local
> repo, since a released artifact is considered *final* and
> never downloaded again.
>>

> But it would be beneficial for you since I would change it in
> a way that
> FOP is valid for everyone, so you can remove your workarounds.
> Since in your case the Class-Path isn't taken into account anyways as
> you wrote, what have you lost?

Reproducability! If we deploy our final release to an app server that is
compliant to the spec in this way, well, then it breaks. Now consider a we get
back a bug report, the assigned developer checks out the version and tries to
debug it ... and since he gets now suddenly a different FOP cannot reproduce
the error. *THIS IS MAINTENACE NIGHTMARE*! And that's why a final release must
never change. If we build a mainenance release including fop-0.20.5-mvn-1 it is
obvious that we use a different version and that *new* version is supposed to
fix the problem.

Therefore the only way to fix the repo is to release something new. Andf the
right thing is to have a new version with a jar that does not have a classpath
entry in the manifest! If you have two artfiacts with such entries referencing
the same dep in different version, you cannot even build an EAR with Maven
containing both libraries.

- Jörg

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.