i think you need systemProperties tag; sample bellow:

<configuration>
       <skip>false</skip>
       <systemProperties>
           <property>
               <name>HOST</name>
               <value>${host}</value>
               <name>CONTEXT</name>
               <value>${project.build.finalName}</value>
               <name>PORT</name>
               <value>${tomcat.port}</value>
           </property>
       </systemProperties>
</configuration>

/iulian

Hello,
Im pretty new to M2 I must say. Nevertheless I would like to understand
how I can do things such as calling a test class with VM arguments.
In our project we have got something similar to M2. The module has got a
descriptor in which a user can configure a unit test suite including
arguments for this unit test.
such as:
<component id="foo">
<unittest id="bar" classname="com.x.y.z.AllTests" args="-DaKey=aValue
-DanotherKey=anotherValue">
</unittest>
</component>

I've seen that the surefire plugin executes all classes with a specific
pattern. So I could define the class to be executed easily. But how would I
deal with VM arguments.

Does anyone has got a nice way of defining those ?

thanks,
detlef