Actually I don't know it myself, since I am a beginner.
But there must be a Maven way to solve the problem (otherwise this would make install:install-file totally useless, since least pre-packaged binary are named in the correct way using "-x.y.z" versions).
I'll start another thread to ask for help on this.

Thanks
Markus

Carlos Sanchez schrieb:

ok, provide the pom, and explain the reasons in a jira, because for
what I read till now I don't see how the heck are you gonna solve it
in a maven way.

On 9/20/06, Markus KARG <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When you build A you don't know anything about C-2.0.1 because it does
> not exist.
> Versions in repository explicitly define what versions the have been
> released against or tested with. If I release A 2.0 depending in C 2.0
> and then I want to say i'm compatible with C 2.0.1 I have to update
> myself releasing A 2.0.1, because people using A 2.0 may not be
> compatible with C 2.0.1 and don't want automatic change of version

That's what I think, too. And that's the reason, why fop-0.20.5.jar is
correct while the pom.xml provided is incorrect: The pom assumes later
versions to become dependencies, while the JAR itself doesn't include
versions. So a pom has to be provided that depends on version-free JAR
names.

Markus

begin:vcard
fn:Markus KARG
n:KARG;Markus
org:QUIPSY QUALITY GmbH;Entwicklung / R & D
adr:;;Stuttgarter Strasse 23;Pforzheim;Baden-Wuerttemberg;75179;Bundesrepublik Deutschland
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Staatl. gepr. Inf.
tel;work:+49-7231-9189-52
tel;fax:+49-7231-9189-59