It may be painful but your best/only option is to write 20 dependency
poms for the 20 jars, and then install/deploy each one individually to
your local (or corporate) repo so they will be found and used when you
do a build.

Then I'd write a single "master" pom which simply contains references
to each one of those 20 jars so you can import all 20 by specifying
only the one "master" pom file; install it into the repo as well.

You should probably also read the Better Builds With Maven PDF book if
you haven't already; its a good intro for new users.

Wayne