From: Wayne Fay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 4 October 2006 2:49 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: [M2] Overriding the Central Repository not working

At first glance, those urls look completely wrong:
> <url>file:///\\fileServer01/repository</url>

Rather than playing with file:// until you make it work, can you
perhaps set up a simple Apache (or IIS) instance on top of the network
repo and use the standard HTTP:// reference to the repo? I'd suspect
this is the source of your problem(s) right now.

Also, I'd recommend you look into a Maven Proxy like Proximity rather
than continuing with your current approach. In the long term I think
you'll be much happier and work less with a solution like Promixity.

Wayne

On 10/3/06, Peter Anning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Maven 2.0.4
>

> We are trying to prevent any users from accessing the central
repository
> by providing a controlled internal corporate repository.
>

> I do a build with a vanilla settings.xml add any stuff I need to my
> local repository by hand. Then make a network copy of the local
> repository delete my local repository and then my troubles start.
>

> Reading a number of posts this should be as simple as creating a
> definition in the settings.xml (or in the POM) for repositories
>

> <project>
>
> . . .
>
>            <repositories>
>
>                        <repository>