From: Wayne Fay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 11:45 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Why does my install goal fail?

Bug in Proximity.
Bug in Maven.
Bug in HTTP protocol / network / server hardware / client hardware.

;-)
Wayne

On 10/6/06, Dave Hoffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well after all, I didn't really fix this.  This is an issue that seems
to come and go.  Here is the contents of maven-metadata-inhouse.xml

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><metadata>
>  <groupId>com.xrite</groupId>
>  <artifactId>xrite-colorlib-api</artifactId>
>  <version>1.0</version>
>  <versioning>
>    <release>1.7</release>
>    <versions>
>      <version>1.0</version>
>      <version>1.1</version>
>      <version>1.2</version>
>      <version>1.3</version>
>      <version>1.5</version>
>      <version>1.7</version>
>    </versions>
>    <lastUpdated>20061006012356</lastUpdated
>
> This file is correct on the server but when Proximity downloads it to
local user dir it corrupts the file by not closing the ending tags.
What may be the cause of this?

> -dh

problem is that the meta data downloaded is corrupt; the
...metadata-inhouse.xml file starts out correct but is missing the
bottom of the file. I.e. it is missing the lastUpdated tag section and
closing tags.

> This seems to occur when we have dependencies that depend on other
dependencies specified using set notation for the version. For example,
I have a dependency on xrite-imaging; xrite-imaging has a dependency on
xrite-commons with version of [1.0,). Maven fails when it builds the
...metadata-inhouse.xml file for xrite-commons.